Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Geek Love

Well, it is DEFINITELY Love with Brad. How do I know? 1) I cooked for him (I offered), I cleaned up and I brought dessert and beer; 2) I bought tickets to see some worm group perform, with little prior knowledge as to what these worm folk do.

I bought Brad, the wonder boyfriend tickets to the "Arrogant Worms", I knew he liked them and I had heard a couple of their songs, which I thought were cute. I didn't realize to the full extent what they "do". LOL. They are 3 canadian guys that tour Canada and sing "novelty songs". Some of them are funny in a cute way, but 2 hours worth was about 1.5 hours too much for me. The audience went CRAZY and were doing actions and stuff, it was really weird. Let's put it this way, there were tons of teenage boys there.

This was not a random thought, I did this for Brad for Valentine's Day, I also cooked the dinner and bought him some memory foam slippers, he gets sore feets from standing all day as a teacher.

I was so happy to do it and I am even happier I don't have to see the arrogant worms again. I just find stuff like that over the top, I can enjoy it in small doses. I like the "I pulled my groin" song and I liked the "Pirate" song because I got to make pirate noises, even though that was not one of the audience participation bits, but I liked it, so I did it. LOL.

Brad was generous enough to let me admit that I didn't love it, I love him enough that I was happy to be there with him and genuinely went with an open mind. I love that Brad likes what he likes and doesn't care what others think, not that these guys aren't popular, they have put out 11 albums and there were tons of fans there, but they are not chart toppers.
I love that Brad loves me even though my favorite music genre is "cheesy top 40 sludge". Give me a radio and I am happy. (sick, eh?)

The title to this entry does not refer to Brad being a geek, although he does have some geek tendencies. "Geek Love" refers to our own little "groovy kind of love".

So, happy valentines day SUCKERS!

Love is gonna get ya!

Word for the week: LEOPARD - the guys at work thought I said that I had a Leopard when I said I had a lovebird, but I did tell them that she is as mean as a leopard. But she is MY leopard/lovebird and I love her. Also, a Leopard can change her spots! I am IN LOVE!

Arrrrrrr!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home