Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Socks are missing!

Because Brad KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF!

It was my 40th birthday yesterday. I have been looking forward to my 40th, pretty much since my 30th and then all of a sudden on the weekend I started getting huge nerves. I felt like I had to be so much more mature or grown up somehow. However when I woke up yesterday morning, I just felt really relaxed, happy and proud to be 40.

Brad and I had some major struggles at New Years and right after. We spent New Year's Eve apart, each home alone and miserable. Major non communication and unhappiness and then on New Years day we kind of broke up. It was AWFUL. I love Brad and didn't want to break up. Brad then left the next day (Jan 2) for a wedding in LA and even though we came back together and both said we wanted to be together, the timing was awful. However, it worked out well, I enjoyed my time alone and then I missed him, which was really good too.

We eased back into making a go of it and had a great conversation last weekend, we cleared the air and I think became even stronger. I was able to sleep through the night with someone else in my bed for the first time EVER!!! Which was great. (yah, major intimacy issues, but I think those are history now).

So for the birthday yesterday, well, where do I start? Brad made reservations at a little euro-Asian restaurant down the block from his place. It was a nice place, but it was HILARIOUS, it was all these ANCIENT people with like walkers and stuff. I was like, what kind of joint is this? But the food and the atmosphere was nice and we had a nice time.
Then we went back to Brad's place, I walk in the door and saw a few presents on the floor, it looked like 4 or 5 and I was like "wow, someone went overboard!" then I went to the washroom. Okay, so I come into the living room and there are FORTY individually wrapped presents of all shapes and sizes. I was absolutely SPEECHLESS, which alone, is a feat. It took me 2.5 hours to open them all. INSANE. Needless to say, I was a crying mess. Brad went above and beyond. All the things he got me, were so well thought out and really showed me I was on his mind and how well he knows me. I have never had anyone do that for me. I got all kinds of beautiful silver jewelry, earrings, rings, necklace, bracelet, some GREAT books (even cookbooks) and kitchen stuff and some tools (YAY! - I am surprised how excited I am about tools!) and he gave me a binder with his writing, short stories, how LOVELY. I am really excited to read them all. He is so smart and clever. AND he wants to take me on a trip... Like, CRAZY.... I am STILL overwhelmed.
I took great pride in going into work today and telling people when they asked that my boyfriend got me FORTY presents... How insane is that.
The best part is that I am feeling really secure again and positive with where Brad and I are and where we are going. Getting presents is great, but the fact that he put so much thought into it was just so wonderful. I feel loved.
We are going to Calgary this weekend, should be interesting. I think it will be mostly low key, we are just going to the Rose and Crown, my old haunt, but Brad has not met any of my old Calgary friends, so it should be fun.

Yay for FORTY!

Word for the week: COUGARIFIC - it's official, I am a full on cougar. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home