Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The "L" Word....

Well, I did it, I took the plunge... I told Brad, the wonder boyfriend that I love him. It was scary, but good, I had felt it for a little while and sat on it for about a week. I realized it when I went away for the weekend to Calgary, and being away from him just solidified it for me. I really missed him and I was reminded of all the great things about him. He is so compassionate, kind, funny, smart and so much more. His kindness really does it for me, he genuinely thinks about things. Don't get me wrong, he is still a guy's guy and can be totally clueless sometimes, but that's what is perfect about him. He is not a ball of mush, he is a real man with real emotions and also a guy's guy. I guess it is kind of weird. I am almost 40 and have never been in love before, I thought it would be all flowers and romance and all that stuff, but I am so glad it isn't. I know I can depend on Brad and that he has my back. He takes care of me when I need it and I take care of him when he needs it. I love spending time with him and we have so much fun together. He 'gets' me. Which I cannot even believe. After all this time I wasn't sure it was going to happen for me.
I am still just enjoying having a boyfriend and am in no rush to hurry along the relationship, I am just enjoying this new part of my life. I don't really care where it goes, I am not goal oriented in the relationship area. I would rather be with someone I really enjoy than worry about where we are. So that is good.
Eek, can you believe it? Me? Love? AAAAIIIIEEEEEeeeee....
On another happy note, I am starting to feel a bit better. I am not falling apart at every little incident, I am not back to my old self yet, but am feeling a little stronger every day. I can't wait for my 40th year... 39 started off great, but man, overall it has SUCKED but I am learning, which is good.

Word for the Week: FLOOMP!! and floomp! ... What Pirate does when he finds the perfect position on his favorite stuffed toy, he gets in position and then "FLOOMP" he flops on the toy and then his ears go "floomp". It is the cutest thing EVER!!! I can't even stand it!!!

P.S. no more eggs from Miss Peanut... yay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home