Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Monkey and the Potato

Life in Edmonton is still going well. I have been here 3 weeks now. I still don't have a couch, so that sucks, it is hard to lounge on a couple of metal patio chairs....However, I have not been lounging that much. Life is busy but good. I have a FABULOUS new boyfriend, who is not only supremely my type and totally pounceworthy, he is also kind, smart, sweet, thoughtful, funny, EXTREMELY CUTE.... and more. I love that he is smart, I didn't realize how important that is to me.

I am lucky to work with some really smart people too. I can't tell you how relieved I am not working in the oil and gas industry. I am contract at a Management Consultant firm. They are, believe it or not, a block away from my home, so I get to come home and flash the pets at lunch time. LOL.

I just started a continuing education course last night, it is called "Getting out of your own way". I am trying to explore why I am so hesitant about jumping on the Dog Business band wagon. The lady that facilitates the class is really interesting, young, and has taken a million courses in alternative therapies and approaches. We will be using meditation and self hypnosis. She called me over after the first class because as we went around and introduced ourselves, we had to say a blurb about ourselves. I found it interesting that everyone started off with what they do for work. I sure don't define myself by the work I do. Don't get me wrong, it has afforded me a nice lifestyle so far, but it does not engage me on many levels that are important to me. When introducing myself I told everyone I had just moved to Edmonton 3 weeks ago (!!!!!) and that I wanted to start my own dog business and I am a secretary. I got the most reaction, I think because I just moved here and because I want a dog business. Anyway, the facilitator lady talked to me after class and really put me on the spot about what I want to do with dogs. It was interesting. I haven't defined it and I don't know why. Maybe a pet nanny, maybe a dog walker, maybe a doggy daycare.
My task in the next week is to put down on paper some ideas. I have not done that to date, so I think it will help. I really need to define what it is I want and then I know I will have a better chance of making it come to life.
I have applied to volunteer at the Edmonton Humane Society, although I think they probably have a big waitlist, I had to wait for about 3 months before I got into the Calgary Humane Society, I NEED dog love!!!!
okay, peace out people.

Word for the week:
FABULOUSITY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home