Saturday, August 05, 2006

Why am I in this handbasket? and why is it going so fast?.....

Well, I had some friends ask me how Fort McMurray is... I said it smells like ass, everyone looks and acts like ass and let's not get started on work.....
I know, that's not very nice, but I find it really frustrating here. The service is TERRIBLE just about everywhere and again with the sense of entitlement.
I had a best friend, Cielia and I was like, Well, I don't LIVE here... She was like, yah you live in a place in Egypt called DeNial (the Nile - get it). I absolutely refuse to admit I actually live here. Even when I exist here, I still don't live here. It is very surreal. Like I am still waiting for my life to happen, but I know it ain't gonna happen here. I was talking with a colleague (one of my faves) and he is fairly new to rotation, he lives in camp mon-thurs and goes to Calgary on weekends, but he feels the same. We both admitted we need to "embrace" this, or else we are just going to make it tougher on ourselves, but neither of us can bring ourselves to it.
What is the secret? Can anyone tell me?
I am trying to do things for myself that usually make me happy, but it is just depressing here. One of my biggest things and the love of my life is DOGS! I volunteered at the Calgary Humane Society since 2003 and was a dog walker and did special events. I also worked 2 jobs for all of 2005 just so I could go and work at Doggie Daycare for the summer at $8 an hour, but it was awesome... The first thing I did when I came for my tour to Fort McMurray was go straight to the SPCA and get a volunteer form.
Well, I finally made it up there (had to buy a car first, one of the main reasons I bought my first car at almost 40), and the SPCA here is SOOOOOOOOO depressing. The dogs have pretty much had Parvo since I moved here two months ago, which is a deadly disease, so I can't even see them. The place smells abysmal. I know that they are doing the very best they can, but my first time there I just wanted to leave it was so depressing. However, I have a new mission, I am going to find out what they need and start a grassroots campaign to do what I can to get them what they need. I am not afraid of hard work and cleaning, (except my own house!), so I am determined to do what I can to make the lives of those pets better. I remind myself that I am not there for myself, I am there to hopefully brighten the day of some poor critters that need love, all they can get.
Okay, I need to snap out of it. I hate being this negative... It is not healthy.
Anyway.... I hope while this blog grows that my happiness and learning in and about Fort McMurray grows too.

Word for the day: ASS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home