Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The (bird)Boy becomes a (bird)Man!

Zowie...A huge first! My wee one man band of SCRAM! has grown into/out of puberty! He bathed himself!!! OHMYGOD!!! This is the silly little bird that just stands there with his eyes open and hates it when you spray him with his very expensive "Bird Rain" (really!) and then proceeds to NOT preen! He is such a goon, that Peanut. So anyway, I was away for the weekend (more to follow) and when I got back Sunday night, after I refilled his water dish, he went for his very own bath in the drinking water?!?!.... I was like, IN SHOCK... He doesn't even preen his own self on a regular basis, I always call him a smelly teenager and then spray him with Bird Rain. and THEN if that is not enough shock for the Mama, he proceeds to HUMP his HAPPY HUT.... I am not sure if it is a happy HAPPY HUT, but the little terror was riding it for all it was worth. Sniff, my little bird freak is growing up... tear. sniff. LOL!!!!
Brad and I went to Chateau Lake Louise this last weekend. We drove up to Calgary on Friday night (Brad had his last subbing day on Friday) and then we stayed at the Hyatt downtown. We got an upgraded room because they were out of king size beds, but it was a nice room and a nice big bathroom and YUMMY! free breakfast buffet. WOO HOO. The two older Caribbean gentlemen seemed to take a liking to me, and I told Brad about how men think "brown" girls are hot in bed, when in reality we are "STARFISH" (Just lay there)...LOL!!!!
The next day we drove to Lake Louise. We had a couples massage booked at 2:45 PM and check in wasn't until 4:00 PM but we were able to get in early. It was SOOO wild. I had made a super swanky reservation on their "GOLD" floor, we had our own private check in, check out, private lounge with honor bar, private hors d'oeuvres and made to order omelettes and deluxe contiental breakfast. It was INSANE!! Something I wish I could get used to, but unless I win the lottery sometime, won't be happening again for a while. They knew who I was when we drove up. ... All "Miss Lowe" ... LOL. I was like , I am so not grown up enough for this!!! Nice one. And then we got dressed up and went for dinner and ordered CHAMPAGNE... We had a bottle of Mumm's, it was delicious, again, something I could get used to...., and of course we got our shoes polished for free (overnight) LOL....Brad and I had some really good talks and also really just enjoyed each other. Brad tooks some pics of the amazing lake and scenery and some of us, once I get them, I will try and post them. And oh yah, THANKS to the ASSHOLE company that shall remain SOULLESS and nameless for the awesome Hoity Toity weekend....The best revenge is living well, correct?
So apart from having an amazing weekend and drive back, I went and saw my shrink again yesterday, she is really good, no bullshit for her. Which I like. I have decided to take some more time off, maybe all of November, I am still just trying to get some sense of normalcy in my life (I know, as if that has EVER happened), but I really need to catch my breath.
So I am chillin, sleeping, and spacing out in general. I still feel not quite myself, but each day gets better, I am just so grateful that I am able to take some time for my own self and regain my sense of self.
The boys are good, I am fine and Brad continues to be the best ever. and oh yah! Congrats to Brad, the wonder boyfriend, he just scored a sweet gig teaching his fave grade (3) at an inner city school for the rest of the school year! He rocks....

Word for the week: KINDNESS, something I continue to try and cultivate and something all the people I admire have/are.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I admit you wowed me. You are so vibrant and vivacious and other hot words that start with v (no that's not supposed to be dirty, I just can't think of any now. Oh - except for that dirty one, oops! Didn't mean that...) Anyhow, you rock! It was great to get to meet you. Thanks for being so good to Brad!

Berenice

6:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oom Pah Pah Scram!!!

7:26 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home