Sunday, August 12, 2007

What I am

What I am these days is content. even happy.
I was having a really tough go of things for awhile. Jobless. the prospect of having to move. I thought that I was where I was exactly a year ago.
It was a year ago on August 10th that I got fired from CNRL.
I would never believe that it would set off the chain of events that it did. I didn't know that I had surrounded myself with such false securities. I don't have any of the friends that I did a year ago. But part of that is due to my own walls. I didn't let people really know me. I was so lonely and unhappy and incredibly lost.
Even though I don't have any close friends at the moment, I have all that I need in Brad. He is my best friend. He gets me. He is so kind and good. We have so much fun together.
I can't believe that since I left Calgary I have not missed ONE day of work, due to drinking, being hungover.... I mean I can believe it. My life is not about numbing my feelings. I still struggle with some darkness, but there is so much less to be sad about.
I have a family now. I have Brad, I have Peanut and Pirate and Ella and Bun Bun. I am really good at being a pet mama. I am really good at being with Brad. We have a healthy, functional and above all, FUN and respectful relationship.
It is amazing how your life changes when you have found the ONE.
I am so blessed.
Anyway.
That's all for now.
Shout out to my family. Brad, Peanut, Pirate, Ella and Bun Bun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home